Im Invisible...

Tailor2000

Hrm.... Second time it has happened with this guy (Im a guy buy the way). Group social - end the evening on a cup of tea. Get asked what I want, yes, cup of tea would be great please. He makes a drink for everyone but me.

Am I really that invisible? That forgettable? He doesn't even realise his mistake and apologise and go out and make a drink.

I realise maybe I should sit up and say something. But this just shows the ignorance of the man who is actually well liked, well respected, he apparently looks out for everyone and is so attentive to people. Except me.

This is becoming a habit. I don't know quite what to say. People just don't notice me despite being 6ft+. I just blend into the background!!!

Im posting here because it might give me some indication about just some of my friendships in the same circle is stalling, and why I simply don't feel like people reach out to me. Heck, they don't even make me a cup of tea!

You should have smiled real big and spoken up. Something like, "(His name), can I help you fetch the rest of the drinks?" or "Whoops, need one more!" Then it dawns on him, hopefully. Do you have any reason to think this host would have not liked you being at the gathering?

• Author

Everyone had the same, and this is the second time this guy has pulled the same stunt. I can't believe it's malicious. As I say, it's more about me I think. I just think that somehow I blend into the background.

It happened during a previous social where everyone was discussing rides and lifts amongst themselves, but I was overlooked. So one by one they all drove off and I told the hosts I would have to walk. Part of me was playing the martyr, part of me just wanted to prove a point.

They call themselves loving, caring, sharing. They call themselves friends. :-(