Why is he acting like this? Update on my previous post

So this guy and I were decent friends last year however I THOUGHT that I ruined it because I kinda liked him and I thought it was obvious that I did. Suddenly this year, it seemed like he was purposely avoiding me like he would talk to and say hi to everyone right next to me and purposely avoid me and not acknowledge my presence at all. He did glance at me a few times though but I felt like he was somehow uncomfortable... so I decided to text and confront him.

He said: "No I'm not angry with you! I'm sorry you've been feeling that way, I have noticed that we aren't really talking in class but I'm sure that will change very soon"

Me: "Oh phew. Ok well I'll clear this up then if you noticed: I liked you last year because i was trying to get over J, but I've viewed you as just a friend besides that time, so I'm sorry for all the confusion!"

Him: "Thank you for telling me. I honestly had no idea."

Me: "I thought you knew and you were ignoring me because of something that happened last yr so that's why I kept ignoring you too. But yay, tis all good now :)"

The he just stopped replying..

So i'm confused now. Why did he ignore me if he didn't know I liked him? Was it unintentional (it seemed pretty uncomfortable and there was lots of tension)? Or does he LIKE me? He's really outgoing and friendly though so I thought if he liked a girl he would at least talk to her. Most of his friends are girls...