How do I break up this friendship. We have nothing in common.

Intrepidcaribou

Intrepidcaribou

We work together but I feel we have little in common. He drives me nuts by going through my recycling to check for recyclables and getting us lost because he refuses to drive on public roads through native reserves. I also have no respect for his religion and think it's silly and childish (he's Wiccan).

He refuses to make judgements about people so he ends up with tenants who steal from him and trash his house, like the 18-old-single, alcoholic mother who was always late on rent or the neonazi excon he rented to. It always feels like I'm stuck supporting him in dealing with these stupid dramas he brings on himself.

He is very fastidious and very preoccupied with following rules and conventions. We once missed out on a great campsite because he refused to camp on crown land even though it's actually totally legal here

The best way to let him off is by telling him straightforward how it is you truly feel. There truly is no point in keeping that friendship if it irks/aggravates you.

Stop spending time outside of work together. I don't think there's a reason to be mean about it. . . just do a slow fade. If he asks, say as gently as possible that you two don't have that much in common & you want to pursue other interests. Do maintain your professional working relationship.

• Like 1

Easy....you've met someone and if that person starts asking questions you can jokingly say something back like they are way to nosey and then as someone else said, do the slow fade.

• Like 1
casey.lives

like attracts like...u can't respect them - leave them alone. let the scientific method take its course... and stay out of their way in the future.