Letting go of all mutual friends?

Dreamworld

Just wondering..

Have any of you ever had to let go of (unfriend on social media etc) a whole group of people in order to feel less pain from an individual friend? As in since the friend is part of that whole group, it was just easier to let go of all the mutual people involved to lessen the drama and and forget and move on? Start completely anew?

Although I have not yet ended a relationship in the age of social media I would probably unfriend his "original" friends, those people I met through my SO. I'd keep my friends even if they had become his.

Man, I let go of so many mutual friends, it's unbelievable how many of them are still around - NONE! Well, maybe like 3. But still, sometimes you guys just drift apart and it's best for y'all to let go of one another, you know?

• Like 1

I've done that with an ex. He treated me so nastily at the end. I couldn't bare seeing any updates, reminders, tagged photos. So unfriended 50 people. And a few close ones I just unfollowed. It was such a great move for me. Just because you arebt friends on social media, doesn't mean you aren't friends. I see it as my profile, I see what I want to see. Not things that hurt or make me uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Yes, I've avoided some people because of that but prior to social media. So much easier with social media to just not go there.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah....

I have my account deactivated for the time being ( life is not going great for me right now in general so I just needed to step back from everything for a bit) but maybe a cleanup is in order later on, except for those I actually am really close to. I think I have to let go of like 50 people as well. Pretty much all from the same grad school. Thanks. This feeling sucks though.