I had sex with my best guy friend.

RajaGemini

So, you know what they all say..

"Best friends are just people who think they don't have a chance with you."

I never thought this was real, but lately I am starting too.

Here is my story.

I met Calvin on 2012, we were just acquantainces and we started to like each other. I don't know what happened with our platonic crush but one day we decided we just wanted to remain friends. Ever since that day our friendship has grew so much to the point where we started to hold hands and do everything together. People started to believe we were actually dating, even though sometimes we were even seing different people. Everything was perfect.

Until Saturday, we were watching Netflix as we normally use too. He was lying in my breasts and I don't know how he ended up taking off my bra, kissing me and you know what comes next. We had sex.

We talked about it for a while and decided we were not going to talk about it anymore. But I actually asked him if he liked me and he said "NO". So I was thinking in maybe continuing this casual sex.

We treat each other as boyfriend and girlfriend. All the corny and sweet stuff you can imagine, the hand holding, the cute nicknames.. everything. What makes me have a doubt about his feelings is that he tells me he likes another girl. Besides, he is a very caring person so I think I can be misleading this whole situation.

He is a great guy, good looking, funny and cares a lot about me but I have to say I don't see him as a boyfriend material because he is so immature sometimes and we have some traits in our personalities that makes us insane with each other.

I am just confused and scared. Confused because I don't know if he is behaving this way because he actually likes me. Whenever we are drunk together he gets very weird around me. Last time he told me we were meant for each other and that I always look gorgeous.

Also, I am scared because I do not know if I have feelings for him. Whenever I see him I am indeed happy, we talk a lot, I tell him everything but ever since that day I have this funny feeling talking to him and I can't get the ovaries to talk to him about what happened. Besides I am moving to a different country and I don't want a serious relationship if we are going to go the distance.

This whole thing can't let me sleep at night. The pretending nothing happened kills me. And I can't just avoid him forever, he is my best friend.

But what do you guys think? What should I do?

I will keep you all updated with this situation. We are meeting today.

Edited by RajaGemini
more information.

I guess only time will tell if this was a mistake or not. If it's not right for you and it turns out you do not feel sexual attraction for him, you will know soon enough. He probably definitely does want sex with you because that's probably why he was hanging around. Don't lead him on or make him feel it's all good until you're sure about how you really feel about it. Maybe love will bloom and maybe it won't. Just be honest going forward, with him and with yourself. Good luck.

I think that you guys need to talk some more and set boundaries. Most of the times when friendships turn into sex, you either end up dating, or it gets so awkward that you guys don't talk to each other again.

You need to decide what you want. Either you want a friendship or you don't.