My female friend is acting weird

Right so basically my female friend is acting weird. We were very close but now we're drifting apart. There was no attraction between us but before Christmas we started having arguments over absolutely nothing.

She started saying over and over again "I don't fancy you and you're not my type" and "I'd fancy you if you were taller". The latter comment was a bit insulting to be honest. I didn't give her any indication that I was going to try it on with her.

Anyway this gets irritating and leads to more arguments. She's always talking about other men to me as well. It's like she's trying to push them in my face. I'm not jealous or anything but it gets a bit annoying the way she constantly talks about them.

Anyway we shared a bed a few times although nothing sexual happened we cuddled. Anyway we've been having so many arguments lately that I dread seeing the girl.

So why's she acting this way? It's getting a bit annoying the way she's constantly listing reasons we can't go out.

Well, she doesn't have very good manners, does she? That was a rude thing to say. If you don't fancy someone, no need to pull out your list of things you dislike about things they can't change!

Sounds like you need to have a frank talk about whether it's worth it to be friends or not. If you are friends, women will talk about other men and their crushes with you. So if that is unpleasant, then don't be friends with her. Cuddling sounds like more than friends to me, so I think you need to have a talk with her, but probably she will insult you in the process.

• Author

Well I don't mind her talking about men. I talk about women to her. I don't like the way she constantly implies that I can't have her and then she goes and talks about other men. It seems a bit weird. We were really close before I'd like to go back to the way we were.

Tell her you don't fancy her either, especially the whiny rude side of her personality that picks holes in her friends appearance.

That ought to shut her up.

Lernaean_Hydra

So why's she acting this way? It's getting a bit annoying the way she's constantly listing reasons we can't go out.

Maybe she's developing feelings for you and this is her way trying to talk herself out of them or even push you away. Or she thinks you are.