flaking on my friends

amkxoxo

So I met two close friends in college. Since I graduated I have moved home two hours away. They still live in that area and we see each other often.I tend to drive down and visit them. I just went to see them this past weekend as we had planned. Then we plAnned for me to come this upcoming weekend as well. But I just got a job down there and have to move there the weekend after this upcoming one to start working. I kind of don't want to go visit them this upcoming weekend anymore now. I could be spending more time with my family and packing my stuff instead. And since I will be living there I will be able to see them all the time anyway and not my family. I just feel bad because I committed to come this weekend but that is before I got the job. I dont want them to think I am flaking on them because we made this huge sleepover plan but I really don't know if it's smart for me to go this weekend since I'm moving down there the weekend after. I don't know how to tell my friends.

Just explain it to them, if they're good friends they'll be supportive. And you can always do something even bigger/better when you move there!

• Like 1
tobrieornottobrie

Maybe if you just explain to them that you are needing to spend some extra time with your family they will understand? That's always a tough call to make, good luck. Congratulations on the new job!!

~ the brie's cheese knees ~