Concerned about a co-worker

I've been in regular contact with a guy at work I quite like since the beginning of the year. We've been having email conversations pretty much everyday, talking about near enough everything, films, books, religion, family, sex etc (and yes I know we shouldn't be doing that, so please spare me any lectures).

Anyway three weeks ago he told me he'd been feeling down and just wanted to keep himself to himself. All I said back was I wouldn't email him for a bit and I hope things look up for him soon. Now I have no idea what has been going on with him, but as it's been three weeks do I contact him again? I'm quite concerned and I just want to see if he's ok.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just don't go demanding or expecting a reply. I don't think there's anything wrong with showing concern and genuine interest and making sure someone's OK.

You didn't cause it did you?

• Author

No I didn't cause it, he even said it was nothing personal!

I certainly don't expect a response from him, I just want him to know I haven't forgotten about him. There's nothing worse than suffering alone, we've all been there.

I've already written what I'm going to say, it's basically saying that I've been concerned since his last email and that I want to see how he is and that I miss our interesting conversations.

Does that sound alright?