I hate my wife's friend

I don't know

I don't know

My wife became friendly with another mom in town as our kids are good friends but her behavior is really strange in that when she comes over she stays of a really long time. She uses any excuse to come over our house and not leave. At school functions she sits in my wifes hip pocket. She talks about everyone in town in a bad way. Lately she has had her daughter call for playdates so she can come over all day too. Its really annoying. She stops talking when I enter the room and starts again after I leave. She even started making plans to go out with my family without me..

I spoke to wife about it and she says Im making something out of nothing. Im not.. This woman knows exactly what she is doing and my wife does not see it. At the restaurant bar a few weeks ago I was talking to a few people about this and they all warned me about her. This is how she was described by them. Man hater, marriage hater, possessive, paranoid, nasty and manipulative. I agree with them as she is at my house so often.

I dont know how to get rid of this woman without my wife thinking Im a complete jerk

Rant over..

just that when women talk together it is with a shared female perspective, women and men are so different, but women ought to be nice to all family members, srsly

i suppose she is single and unpopular, so your wife is her only chance of a social life

since you are worried what your wife will think, all you can do is ride it out, though you could mention that you see a possible family crisis emerging, a split, and are worried, really, if you and all the in-laws get on, this is no more than the truth, and makes you look like the good guy, the family man

Edited by darkmoon
whichwayisup
My wife became friendly with another mom in town as our kids are good friends but her behavior is really strange in that when she comes over she stays of a really long time. She uses any excuse to come over our house and not leave. At school functions she sits in my wifes hip pocket. She talks about everyone in town in a bad way. Lately she has had her daughter call for playdates so she can come over all day too. Its really annoying. She stops talking when I enter the room and starts again after I leave. She even started making plans to go out with my family without me..

I spoke to wife about it and she says Im making something out of nothing. Im not.. This woman knows exactly what she is doing and my wife does not see it. At the restaurant bar a few weeks ago I was talking to a few people about this and they all warned me about her. This is how she was described by them. Man hater, marriage hater, possessive, paranoid, nasty and manipulative. I agree with them as she is at my house so often.

I dont know how to get rid of this woman without my wife thinking Im a complete jerk

Rant over..

Put your foot down and tell her it's just too much time spent together and that this woman is invasive and it's not normal for her to be at your house so much and for so many hours. Your kids need to be with their other friends too, so does your wife...Has she neglected others so she can be with this new friend?

You don't have to be a jerk about it, just put down some rules and boundaries when it comes to family time vs friends time.

• Author
I don't know
just that when women talk together it is with a shared female perspective, women and men are so different, but women ought to be nice to all family members, srsly

i suppose she is single and unpopular, so your wife is her only chance of a social life

since you are worried what your wife will think, all you can do is ride it out, though you could mention that you see a possible family crisis emerging, a split, and are worried, really, if you and all the in-laws get on, this is no more than the truth, and makes you look like the good guy, the family man

You are spot on, she is unpopular with some of the other moms as she has talked herself out of Girl Scouts, Darma class and who knows whatever else. As far as the family goes she has already penetrated that circle. My MIL and daughters went to American Girl and she invited herself and daughter.

She is not single, married to an unemployed alcoholic

My selfish worrie is that other people in town will associate me and my wife with her. I do not want that. I think she's evil yet my wife sees the exact opposite

• Author
I don't know
Put your foot down and tell her it's just too much time spent together and that this woman is invasive and it's not normal for her to be at your house so much and for so many hours. Your kids need to be with their other friends too, so does your wife...Has she neglected others so she can be with this new friend?

You don't have to be a jerk about it, just put down some rules and boundaries when it comes to family time vs friends time.

I like your responce because I did just that 2 weeks ago. My agreed with me to a point but accused me of over reacting to her. We put a rule in place that my wife will not make plans with her on the weekends without discussing it with me first. This woman is so invasive I have this stupid rule, unreal.

Thanks for looking out because no, we have not negelected others but she will aggressively try make plans to ensure time for her and her daughter with us.

This has been going on for a little under 2 years. I am putting my foot down now and have started to confront her. Thats why I posted. I wanted to hear from others

• Like 1
You are spot on, she is unpopular with some of the other moms as she has talked herself out of Girl Scouts, Darma class and who knows whatever else. As far as the family goes she has already penetrated that circle. My MIL and daughters went to American Girl and she invited herself and daughter.

She is not single, married to an unemployed alcoholic

My selfish worrie is that other people in town will associate me and my wife with her. I do not want that. I think she's evil yet my wife sees the exact opposite

i think your wife is a nice lady taking a bitch under her wing or believes that evrybody deserves a chance, including her friend, people are lonely for a reason, you think your wife is nice too

just know that your wife has to find out the hard way that the friend is no good, i would avoid trying to control this as this tactic can look a bit thunderous, i mean shouty

your daughters need you in a way that the friend can not furnish, fathers are protectors and providers, the outside world is not always a safe place, a male presence is a deterrent, twice, i have seen men withdraw on hearing i have a brother, suppose anything in this day and age