Has she got over being upset?

Moreesleep

Long story short.. A few years back (5) I made a pass at this girl but when I got nothing back I went after her sister.. yea yea I know.. tacky.. OK so she went off on me on facebook and so did her sister.. OK so I went years without really saying much of anything to her or her sister.. But I noticed her sister ended up wishing me happy birthday and whatever.

OK now I was always good friends with her father so nothing has changed from back then to present day, So the reason I ask this was I was talking to her father in a somewhat narrow hallway and she had to walk in-between us and I was really shocked she turned to me and gave a somewhat quick smile and said hi and then walked away, So I figured it was just because her father was talking to me. So again last week I came out of a door and she was right at the door which I did not know so when I turned we kind of just met face to face and I don't know if she was smiling at me or because my friend was saying something down the hall, she had her face towards him. I wonder if now because she is older she is wiser?

Perhaps she put it in the past? I was wondering if I should send her a facebook friend request? I don't want to push it too far or anything crazy like that but wondering if she finally got over this?

OH I also forgot he asked me to take pictures at his family reunion in July, I was curious about that because of how she would react.. Also I've been doing a lot of work around his place where he works and have been impressing him on my speedyness and going out of my way.. I don't know if he's telling her something or what around the dinner table.

Edited by Subaru

You have spent 5 years without these people really in your life. Leave the status quo alone. Do not send the FB request. If she wanted to be your friend she could find you through her sister.

• Like 2
  • Author
Moreesleep

She's going to have to react in some kind of way due to the photos I have to take with the family in July.

nescafe1982

There is a lot of context missing here, for instance you know the dad but made a pass at both his kids? I'm sure I'm missing something here but man that wouldn't sit well with me.

However, as for your question: a quick smile in passing does not mean a whole lot. It could very well mean she feels awkward about the whole thing. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

Leave it be. Whatever her reaction to you photographing the event... I would not try to friend her again on Facebook. If she cut you off then... the ball couldn't be any more in her court at this point. Keep your distance and if she makes a clearer overture to be your friend, than so be it. For now, though... there's nothing in your post to suggest she wants anything to do with you or that anything has changed.

• Like 1
nescafe1982

Happy it worked out how you wanted it to, but unsure why you asked for advice in the first place.