Best friend not having your back

Rubypumped

What do you think of the comments/advice in these questions? Do you agree with the people who say it's unfair to ask a best friend to have your back if it wasn't their personal issue? Please read these before you answer so you know exactly what I mean. I'm not talking about a personality conflict, I mean one side actually doing the other wrong or it being very unequal. Personally, I think a best/good friend should stand up for you and if they don't it's betrayal. I think THAT'S the adult thing and it's very insulting to hear that thinking this way shows a need to grow up. It's more mature to recognize a friend's pain and stand up for them! If you disagree, please explain why! I don't understand "they didn't do anything to your friend," "you can't tell people who to be friends with," and "your job as a best friend is to be okay with it/happy for them." The one that I ESPECIALLY don't get is "Their relationship has nothing to do with YOUR relationship." I think if one side is actually hurt, it is only fair for the best friend to stand up for them, and not be chummy with the other side especially if they're not already close friends with the other side too, or are much closer with the best friend!

Please read these so you know exactly what I mean:

Is It Betrayal If Your Friend Has Become Friends With Your Ex Even Though They Know How Much He Hurt You? - Find Answers to this Question

When It Comes to Drama, What Should the Best Friend Do? | Lovelyish

Edited by Rubypumped