Ever lose your Best Friend overnight?

lexnmike4enomore

lexnmike4enomore

I have been "best friends" with my "best friend" for 2 years now. Stereotypical relationship...i tell her everything she tells me everything.

She's also going out with my brother.....on and off for 2 years (more off than on). Now she lived with her mom sis and bro. Then my brother recently moved in. My bro got into a fight w/ her mom and so my BF and bro moved out. Now they moved into a trailer park with stereotypical "trailer trash"

My BF and bro both don't have cell phones nor does the house, I'm sorry portable house...either. She didn't have a phone when she lived with her mom but she and i always found a way to talk. Now me and her hung out everyday.....she slept over almost every weekend. It was cute my bro and my boyfriend were good friends and me and her were Best friends. Now that they have moved in with this other couple their kid and another person in this trailer...i haven't spoken to her in about 2 weeks. (since they moved in) she has taken a new BF in her life....the girl that owns the trailer. so now its that girl and my "BF" my bro and that girls boyfriend all happy go lucky.

Was she even a best friend to begin with if she can just drop me like that overnight. I mean it really upsets me b/c she's known this other girl for 2 weeks and now all of sudden they have their inside jokes and there all going on double dates. I mean this sounds childish but i really miss her and i cant get in touch w/ her b/c no one has a phone. Should i just let it go and take it as people drift apart. I mean she's not making an effort to ask someone to use a phone to call me. and she doesn't have a car to come see me. and i don't feel like driving there just to tell her i got a new skirt.

Should i let it go? or does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should say if she were to actually call me?

If you can't track her down and talk to her face to face then write her a letter and tell her how much you value the friendship and how much you miss spending time with her. If you don't hear from her then you know she doesn't value the friendship as much as you and you should move on.

lexnmike4enomore

I don't know the address. Plus, she's the type of person that if she doesn't value the friendship as much as i do....a she would just laugh that I'm corney enough to write a letter...show everyone and have them laugh.

o0lovindrama0o

If you aren't willing to take a chance on this friendship than it obviously doesn't mean much to you.

You are going to have to make sacrifices and give up your pride for the ones you love, better to learn that sooner rather than later.

I don't want to be harsh, but that is the way it is; so take Rocky's suggestion: track her down or write her a letter!

lexnmike4enomore

But i have made all the effort. I went there to see what she was doing and it felt left out. Like she doesnt want to be bothered wiht me b/c she has a new friend. She doesnt know this girl from Adam and all of a sudden im out of this picture. Im telling you i didnt like the vibe i got from being there..when i was there....she was like "Me and Amanda are going here and there and there and here..places me and her used to go. I think i should just take it as people drift apart. I did my share to save it ........but if she doesnt return my calls...im not going to obsess and call her over and over again.

ShopingBarbie1984

I have lost two friends overnight one night I lost a friend I was friends with for 3 years then a few days later I lost another friend I knew since junior high. I had a fight with my friends I knew for 3 years over the friend I made up with the one I knew since junior high. Then my friend from junior high started to ignore me after the fight my friends I had the one I knew for 3 years. The girl I knew since junior high knew that the fight was about her and she started to ignore me. Just like the girls who are sisters that I have known for 3 years but, the girl I knew first before I met her sister made up with her friend on my birthday and, then forgot my birthday also kept blowing me off. But she has always blown me off before so I asked her what was the deal and I asked the same thing to my friend I knew since junior high. They just told me who I can and can't hang out with my friends I knew for 3 years said they weren't going to talk to me if I was going to be talking to my friend I knew since junior high. It was like they can make up with there old friends but yet I can't make up with mine? Then my friend from junior high said she wasn't going to talk to me if I started hanging around guy's and my ex's friend. I told them no way and well more stuff. They just ended up calling me names then called me psycho all this other stuff just because, I stood up for myself after they called me names then said they never liked me I was like screw that. So if I were you I would just completely ignore your friend and just move on... I mean hon you got your boyfriend I would pay more attention to him then your friends.

• 4 weeks later...

**** You. Pay more attention to your boyfriend? **** that big sack of ****. I lost my best friend because she was too into her boyfriend. We were best friend for 4 years and they had only been dating for 5 months. **** that ****. A best friendship is 100 times more important than any boyfriend because boyfriends and girlfriends break up all the time, but best friendship last forever.

So when you have a best friend and a boyfriend, learn to have both of them at the same time. For my best friend, that was too hard so she droppe dme instaed of him. I know some day they are going to break up and she will wish I was there to tell her it is all ok, but I'll say **** YOU BITCH you weren't there when I needed you.

But i have made all the effort. I went there to see what she was doing and it felt left out. Like she doesnt want to be bothered wiht me b/c she has a new friend. She doesnt know this girl from Adam and all of a sudden im out of this picture. Im telling you i didnt like the vibe i got from being there..when i was there....she was like "Me and Amanda are going here and there and there and here..places me and her used to go. I think i should just take it as people drift apart. I did my share to save it ........but if she doesnt return my calls...im not going to obsess and call her over and over again

you answered your own question.....

Move on .......

• 4 months later...

Yeah, sounds like you should drop her, she doesn;t seem to care about you as much as she should. It's a shame, I know it's hard.

I'm losing my best friend now. We've been friends for a while, she went through a really hard patch and I saw her through, which I was really happy to do. We were living in a Hall of Residence together. Now she's had this boyfriend for about 4 months and moved out of here (NOT with him) and as soon as she started with him, she had no time for me. When I pointed it out, she got all girlie and crying because she was so sorry and I was so important. This went on for 3 months. Now she can't stand the sight of me because the stuation makes her feel guilty and we're going to have to stop seeing each other. It's really really sucks, she's the most important person in my life but we just can't make it work. I think it's cos it's a guy/girl thing.

B