Do you think this girl wants me to ask her to dinner? Was she shy? And did I blow it?

gatorguy

I am friends with this girl in college. We see each other a lot due to both being officers in the same organization, but lately we saw each other a lot one on one due to (Good) circumstance.

Anyway, last time I saw her, the first part of the conversation went something like this:

-I open door

Her: Hey..we should go to TGIF's! [Random to me]

Me: Sure, I'd be down.

Her: No just kidding, we should get pizza.

Me: Oh, cool, well I know this cool place called ___ I've never been to before that is apparently really good. That sounds good.

Her: Oh well I can't take my parents there. [Was kind of unexpected]. It is a hippie place they wouldn't like.

Me: Oh, your parents are coming? Cool.

-Topic changes

If she brought it up, does she want me to ask her to out somewhere, even if she then refuted it later?

I am hitting myself for not digging deeper.

No you did not blow it! Nothing bad happened, but maybe you could ask her out again, and she what she says. Nothing against her parents, but it does seem odd that she would mention them. Maybe it was just nervousness on her part.

Pull in your gut and just ask her out. Always go with a good intent and say this in the mirror" I CAN DO THIS! Remember we're all right by your side when you do pop the question. So never feel that your on your own, but your not! Remember this and you do fine, plus remember to think POSITIVE!