Kindling a friendship with a barista: possible?

I posted a thread similiar to this one in the dating section. I've known this guy for almost two years and I know the time will come when he will no longer be working at the same place. The place he works at is not like Starbucks, no lounge area, so that makes it hard to get to know anyone there. He is also pretty reserved, or shy (I'm also shy). I know a dating relationship may not be possible but I would be happy to be his friend. Thank you, any advice is greatly appreciated!

ForeverHopeful1

I am wondering why his occupation has ANYTHING to do with being friends or lovers. I am SO confused.

What is your question exactly? You want to know how to get to know him better while he is at work?!? Or not at work? What are you asking? I am wondering if there is any time you two can spend outside of his place of work where you can get to know one another. Do you speak on the phone? Can you get his phone number? I would assume that if you have known him for 2 years you either have his number, or would be able to ask for it by now?!

• Like 1
  • Author

Forgot to mention that I'm just a customer. I've seen him working at that place for two years and never bulit a relationship of any kind with him. Sorry about that!