Was I wrong to cut him off?

So, about a month ago I met this guy on the internet. He was really nice and we had some things in common. Though, within two weeks he broke up with his girlfriend and then confessed his feelings for me. However, I told him I didn't feel the same. For about a week after that he kept telling me how amazing and wonderful I was. I told him I was uncomfortable with that and then he stopped. Though, once I became friends with him on Kik messenger he started sending me pics of himself...all of which were appropriate...though I realized how unattractive he was. Also, he said that he was very interested in meeting me in real life in less than a year. Even though he was nice and we had things in common, a piece of me just felt awkward about him. So, I told him that I didn't want to talk to him, that it was my fault, and that I was very sorry.

Was I heartless for disconnecting myself from him?:(

He kept pursuing you, despite you flatout telling him from the get-go, you had no interest. It was getting out of hand. I'd say you did the right thing. Sometimes it takes putting your foot down.