Just friends?

So there's this girl that was in my class and we've studied together and she invited me to her party before (ended up not being able to go). Well, she's cute, not bad looking, just not my type. I actually would like to friendzone her lol. Well, I dropped the course and she texted me wondering where i've been blah blah. I would like to become friends with her as i can lead to maybe other girls and such, plus she seems fun. How do I do so? Do I just invite her somewhere? Ask her what she's doing? I'm going to the beach tomorrow, would it be weird to invite her? (guy from class may be coming too so can say if shed like to join me and XXX)

Thats ****ed up.

So youll get her hopes up to meet new chicks?

Don't ever be friends for other reasons than being friends, that's just not fair.

Imagine if you we're going for a girl and she hung out with you just to get with your friends. It would be in your best interest to make clear, or at least hint, that you're not interested so she knows where she stands. If you're lucky she might agree to just being friends, which you need to respect and keep your relationship there.

If you meet people via her naturally then that's fine, but never make that the goal. You'll just be abusing your friendship.