How to make new friends?

PlumPrincess

I is a good question and i find myself in this situation sometimes lately. But Its not as hard as you think. I think firstly it depends on your interest and whether you go out enough. I think you have to see volume in order to get to quality. You can meet 50 people and only have something in common with 2 or 3 of them. And even then its about the consistency of talking to them. The more you create the opportunity the better chances you will have.

Feelin Frisky

Give people the benefit of the doubt and initiate conversation. "Friends" is a subjective term. I have "friends" but life has shown me that even fater 40 years you can't be sure that anyone will really do what you think a real friend should do. I know a guy whose brother gave him a kidney. I can tell you right now my brothers would watch me die before thinking about such a thing. I don't know how I'd feel about it if it were the other way around--maybe if we were way younger I'd do it. But I never have the feeling of anyone caring that much to save me and "friends" do a lot less. I always strike up conversations with people though and tend to break social ice so we can at least pass with a hello if not a chat. Don't expect to much more though. Good luck. I wish everyone were positive and decent. (But when I watch "I Survived", the truth is to keep a detachment and be ready for any bad signs).

Edited by Feelin Frisky
  • Like 1