Lost a friend

pink_sugar

For some reason, I forgot to post on LS when it happened last week.

Anyways, I met this woman at a previous job and I "thought" we had been friends the last year and a half. Not really close, but friends. We went through a lot together at that job. However, the past six months or so, she had been acting really strange. It all started with making rude comments on my modeling photos on facebook like "I don't like these" and "these are too revealing" and then right afterwards posting statuses that I could see saying "How do I tell a friend what she wears makes her look like a sl_t?" It was fairly obvious she was talking about me, even though she denied it. From then on, she would no nothing but brag about how much she makes from her hi-tech job and the bonuses she earns from side income...how she even had an interview at Apple. A few months back, we went to her bingo party for her second business and my mom noticed she was giving me annoyed glances and looks.

To the present, she would usually give me discounts and deals on products because she knew I am very low income. I appreciate that. It all started by ordering something on accident, that I didn't realize I already had. Understandably, she was annoyed. She also put a product on hold for two months that I had completely forgotten about. It was an $8 bread item. She asked me last week if I still wanted it and since it sounded like she wanted to sell it before I could get it, I told her she could sell it to someone else if she wanted to. That's where **** went down. On my facebook status, publicly, she started saying : "You go out to eat all the time and buy stuff, but can't pay me back." she claimed she cannot afford a smart phone or ipad, which I don't believe because she's always bragging about all the money she's making. She went on to say that "Oh and you talk about flakes" and then put a facebook status up right after that directed at me. I told her if she had an issue, she could message me privately. I went on to private message her. I told her I was sorry if it seemed like I was taking advantage of her, but I wasn't and that she should know me well enough that I'm not that type of person. I told her honestly that it sounded like someone else wanted the product, so I told her not to continue waiting on me. And then she basically said we send millions of FB messages about buying products...which isn't true. I would have understood if she told me she will no longer order products for me unless she receives payment first. But no, she basically said she was done with me and de-friended me. I was upset at first, but honestly, if someone is going to freak out over something like that, they are not a friend worth having. It's clear she only saw me as a customer and not a friend. Did I mention she's in her 50's and pulling this drama? It's probably for the best though, she'd been acting really strange towards me for a long time.

It all started with making rude comments on my modeling photos on facebook like "I don't like these" and "these are too revealing" and then right afterwards posting statuses that I could see saying "How do I tell a friend what she wears makes her look like a sl_t?"

sorry, but to me, imho, she is jealous cuz you're young/modelling, not all older women are like this, but some are, and no matter how loyal you are, or nice, or sweet, or how much you've had problems, your attractiveness irks, the telling you off about some order mix-up is a sign of dominance so you will not get the better of such a person cuz they think that cuz they're older they have the right to control, it's insidious, then i think she went on to realize that you weren't going to let her control you so her pleasure in the friendship was gone, my two cents...

• Like 2

Two separate issues here. The FB comments were bitchy. No question about it.

But yet you continued to receive favours from her despite knowing that she wasn't a very nice person. Obviously her true colours showed again after that in the way she handled things, but I'd question why you continued to deal with her and gave her more room to create drama by having deals with her, when you already knew what kind of person she was. Also, IMO if it was genuinely your fault for forgetting about an item, you should have apologized and paid for it.

If you and your H are in such dire straits that you absolutely HAD to do all of that to survive financially, then you need to look at the bigger issue, which does not involve your friend. AFAIK your H has been out of a job for over a year now and you posted about that a few times on LS. Has that been resolved?

• Author
Two separate issues here. The FB comments were bitchy. No question about it.

But yet you continued to receive favours from her despite knowing that she wasn't a very nice person. Obviously her true colours showed again after that in the way she handled things, but I'd question why you continued to deal with her and gave her more room to create drama by having deals with her, when you already knew what kind of person she was. Also, IMO if it was genuinely your fault for forgetting about an item, you should have apologized and paid for it.

If you and your H are in such dire straits that you absolutely HAD to do all of that to survive financially, then you need to look at the bigger issue, which does not involve your friend. AFAIK your H has been out of a job for over a year now and you posted about that a few times on LS. Has that been resolved?

I never asked her for special favors or to make exceptions for me. She just offered and claimed later I was taking advantage of her. This thread was about the way the friendship ended, not about my financial issues with my husband.

• Author
My point was that you should not ACCEPT favours from someone whom you find to be rude.

True, I guess I didn't want to see true colors until now. :(