Is this forgiveable?

I have a friend that I have not talked to for over 2 years now. We have known each other since we were kids. I was 6 when I met him. So we have been friends for 31 years minus the last 2.

So what happened. I started having panic attacks and I didn't know what was wrong with me for almost half a year. I do smoke and I thought maybe it was smoking related. So I went for a test to check my lungs and I had to wait weeks for the results.

The night I got the results my friend invited me over to see the hockey game with his brother, his wife and my brother. I found out the results that night that my lungs were fine and a major load was off my shoulders. I was really happy and in a great mood.

So when I went to my friends place I told my friend and his brother and my brother, the wife was in the shower that I didn't have cancer or emphysema or COPD or Bronchitis or anything. So everyone else was like awesome man, glad to hear it.

But this is what my friend did. He said yeah yeah we are watching a hockey game here, be quiet, don't speak to intermission. Then he hushed me and put his finger in my face. I had to be quiet for him his ooohs and ahhhs while he watched the hockey game. So I just got up and I walked out and I have never talked to him since. He knows he was a douchebag and has tried to apologize but before that we argued a lot and I was pretty much his dumping station ever since he got divorced. I was really angry and shocked that he would react like that. I felt disrespected and I finally had enough.

Was it a friendship or just loyalty? I do like his brothers and I kind of miss hanging out but I'm afraid that he will just turn into his old self after a few weeks if I actually forgave him. So I'm just wondering what people think. And btw, my brother and his brother and wife all gave his **** for it.

Would you forgive something like that?

I would forgive it but I would not go out of my way to try and be his friend again. I'm also wondering how much effort exactly has he put towards trying to mend things with you.