Fake friends.

Gossiping, telling you loads of stuff about someone else (which means they'd have no problem spreading stuff around about you) flaky time-keeping, last-minute cancellations, I dunno....

Why, what's happened.....?

(I know there is a 'situation' you must be in, or what else would have prompted the question?)

• Author

Good point!

Oh there is. 'Just this friend of mine' she has done all that you have mentioned.

She also has put me down and bad mouthed me to my face and everyone else we were hanging out with at the time because I did not do what she approved of or wanted.

She was fine with things before the outburst. Funny how that happened while a group of us girls were there (it was like she wanted an audience while going off at me) but they had already had heard my side of what happened and one of the other girls just told her to sit down and shut up. That back fired on her!

Turned a mutual friend of ours against me and made me look like the bad guy because of a disagreement we had. It was over the smallest thing!

Tried to get me to break the law to cover her ass. No way was I going to do that! She has another friend, sorry ex friend, in my group (who does not talk to her any more) to lie for her before as well for other things.

I have encountered a girl like this before her and had to end a 20 year friendship because of it. She was not as bad but always expected me to drop everything I was doing (even if I had other important plans like work or moving apartments) for her, made me feel guilty for not doing what she wanted and put me down and bad mouthed me for not doing what she wanted as well.

I have only known this new girl for like 3 years or so at least. Have already started distancing myself from her because I do not like people who are like that! Started that last year when she was starting to remind me of my ex friend from before.

Luckily I have other friends who are more uplifting and trustworthy. Don't need people like those two in my life.

Edited by Indi

FFF.

Fling the Flaky Friend.

Simple.

It's actually much easier than people imagine.

Just keep contact to the barest and most polite minimum, and never turn your back on them.

Distrust them completely and give them no just cause for any gossip.

If they make it up, it will show sooner than your denial.

The best way to let their idiocy blow over, is to rise above it and not comment.

• Like 1
  • Author
FFF.

Fling the Flaky Friend.

Simple.

It's actually much easier than people imagine.

Just keep contact to the barest and most polite minimum, and never turn your back on them.

Distrust them completely and give them no just cause for any gossip.

If they make it up, it will show sooner than your denial.

The best way to let their idiocy blow over, is to rise above it and not comment.

Yep! I did this with my friend from before. When she noticed and mentioned "you do not tell me things anymore!" Did not respond to that either cause most things I said was turned against me at times. :mad:.

Like I said before really do not like people like them!

Totally agree with you on this one. :).