concerned VERY

BerniceMe

Hi everyone... First time poster.

I'm hoping for two things possibly. One - good advice and Two - The friend I'm worried about uses this site. I know she does, maybe she'll see this and it will knock some sense into her.

I have a good friend who was dumped. She got home a couple of days ago and has barely move since she got here. I don't know what to do anymore. She's been crying for 3 days. Only will drink coffee. she hasn't eaten ANYTHING in three days.

I asked her if she ate anything today and she said yes and told me she ate a cinnamon bun. there's one missing from kitchen but I felt like she was lying so I looked in the garbage can and there it was. she won't eat.

the last time I saw her before she went to live with her ex she weighed about 15lbs heavier. shes skin and bones. my next move is to call her dad and get him to force feed her. I don't know what to do but I don't want her to die/

she needs a sedative, and her dad, she needs a doctor, she needs a good night's sleep, she might need a holiday too, a change of scenery, take her mind off things

NoMagicBullet

I'm sorry about your friend, BerniceMe. She's obviously taking things really hard. I'd say call her family. If she's not eating or taking care of herself, she shouldn't be alone. Maybe she can stay with someone a while? If there is someone who could plunk down a plate of food in front of her and say "Eat," and she will without much fuss and while being watched, find that person. That's what she needs right now.

Besides that, she needs time to come to terms with her feelings and her pain, so people telling her that "it's not that bad," or she'll "get over it" is probably not helping her. Let her mope and be unhappy for a while, as long as she's eating and taking care of her basic needs. Enlist friends and family to be with her, make her eat, bathe, etc, and show they care for her that way... and to listen to her while she processes her feelings about the breakup, but don't offer advice on it unless she asks for it. Good luck.