Guy wondering what's up with girl friend who doesn't talk to him anymore

I have been friends with an amazing woman for about a year now. Before, we have always gotten along really well, talking all the time and laughing and spending time together. Overall, we have just enjoyed each other's company very much. However, recently, it has been so that it is very difficult to talk to her or have any sort of conversation with her. It seems as though I'm doing all the talking and when I ask questions, they are usually one word or small phrase answers. It's not that she is ignoring me. We still go and do things together all the time. However, now she isn't talking to me as much as she used to for some reason. I suspect something is on her mind and heart, but when I try to ask her what is going on, she changes the subject. Any help out there would be great or if you've been in a similar situation. Thank you!

Do either of you have a significant other? Perhaps she has feelings other then friendship. Or perhaps she feels that she was "putting in" more then she was getting from the relationship. Just a thought. I think more info would be helpful. :)

• Author

Neither of us are seeing anyone right now. However I am interested in her as more than friends. And I think she may be with me. There are subtle signs that she likes me like that and talking to her friends, it may seem that she likes me like that as well. However, I must admit I am a little reluctant to ask her how she feels about me because I don't want to lose her as a friend if things go downhill. That's how much I like her as a friend. But I also like her as more than friends also. Once you go from being just friends to lovers and then maybe to "just friends" again, it is difficult to remain friends because things would be awkward. I've been in a situation like that before.

• 1 month later...