Leech (rant)

Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust

I thought I was pretty much over this but I think I need to formally get this out of my head.

So there is a girl who years ago released pictures of me at a party and to pretty much anyone she could for reasons I'm still not sure of. I started dating (and I'm still dating) a guy who was friends with her so I thought that it might be a good time to figure things out.

It was mostly me sharing my side of the story but not getting any reasons or even a real apology from her even though I apologized for my part in it.

Fast forward to today... this girl never talks to me but sees some pictures that I took from a recent photo shoot and the conversation goes from hello how are you to I'd really like to work with that photographer. I haven't talked to this girl in real conversation since confronting her about what she did. She was invited to my birthday party and never showed and is flakey in general.

I replied with a ok I see why you're talking to me now... this makes sense. She tried to make it seem like she's not using me to get info about shooting or a good word in. That this was her attempt at becoming friends and getting to know me... :/

She ended by asking if my b/f hated her which I said I couldn't answer this for her... with an "oh I wasn't asking you to do that I was just making conversation"

Throughout this whole conversation I said I was pretty much neutral toward her. That I didn't know her well enough and that we started off on a pretty bad foot to begin with. I was no longer angry about what happened but there was no reason for me to care about her either way. I guess indifference is really offensive to people.

I said if she was asking to hang out or even just asked about how i was doing or what I'd been up to on a semi regular basis and then asked me about a photographer it wouldn't have seemed so weird but the way that this happened just bothered me.

So she says she's going to delete me (which she did) and that's that.

She is a leftover from a group of ppl I've been slowly distancing myself from for a few years. This little incident makes me feel grounded that these ppl aren't compatible with me. I'm not saying it's all their fault or mine but things like this bug me.

I haven't given up hope for meeting new friends and I'm happy with the friends I have in my life now.

I hate being right about ppl in a negative way. I really wish I was proven wrong