Ex best friend anger

ThatJustHappened

ThatJustHappened

My best friend decided back in February that she wanted me out of her life. She was 7 months pregnant at the time and I'd been there for her, supported her, cheered her on, and comforted her when she had rough moments. Her rejection was swift and painful and it came out of nowhere.

I know what you're thinking..these things don't just happen. Something must have gone wrong. But honest to goodness, nothing did. Maybe it was pregnancy hormones or something..I don't know. But out of the blue, on Valentine's day, she IM'd me and told me to get out of her life, that I was uninvited to her baby shower the next weekend, and not to bother sending a gift.

I attempted to make a joke out of things a few days later with no response. Then I did end up sending a gift, after the baby was born in April (found out via Facebook, have since quit FB so I haven't seen even one picture of the kid). A month later she sent me a very nice thank you note telling me what a sweet and thoughtful gift it was. A few weeks later, I accidentally included her in an email I sent out to a few friends (her name is similar to another friends name and I wasn't paying close enough attention to the auto-fill) and she responded by telling me it was hilarious. I ignored it. Then about a month ago, I hear my phone ringing, but as I stand up to go retrieve it, it stops. It was her number on the caller ID. No message, and she hung up very quickly. There's absolutely no way it was an accident..she hadn't called me in 5 months, and my name is in the middle of the alphabet, so it wasn't a butt dial. I ignored it. If she wants a call back, she can put on her big girl panties and leave a message.

I have a feeling she's feeling bad about what happened but that her pride is not allowing her to apologize. I think she's expecting me to come crawling back (this is actually the second time she's done this..but the first time I could sort of understand, as I was in a very bad relationship and I was depressed all the time and very hard to be around) like I did last time. Like I pretty much do every time we've fought. Well not this time. This is entirely on her. She is completely in the wrong.

I'm not even sure I want her back as a friend. We were best friends for 7 years and her friendship skills have gone steadily down hill for the last 3 years. I miss the old her, not the new her. The new her is selfish, and rude, and cruel.

Her husband hates me too..so I know that doesn't help. He was jealous that she and I spent so much time together and so he's hated me from the start. When she was out of the room, he would say nasty things about me (for example, we like opposing baseball teams, and he would tell me that I was a retard for liking the team I like). His brother also wanted to rape my cousin when she was sleeping on their couch, and the husband was egging her on. When I woke her up to leave, they got in my face and called me a c*ck-blocking b!tch, among other things. When I told my friend, she confronted the guys, but they denied everything and the incident was simply dropped.

I guess I'm not really looking for advice..I'm just feeling particularly angry today..I'm not sure why. Maybe it's PMS. Just needed to vent for a minute. I don't really understand what happened. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I do miss her dog like crazy though. I miss the dog more than I miss her. I guess that says something...