I think manners are a thing of the past.

I'm not talking about please, thankyou and excuse me.

Here is the most recent example. I have a friend who is disabled because she is so obese. She complains that her house is impossible to clean and needs help so she asked me for help. She didn't turn up at the designated time to pick me up so after an hour of waiting, I went out. I do a lot of that these days. She didn't contact me to say she would be late or would not show up at all. I finally got a call from her in the evening. She got tattoos instead and couldn't access her phone. BS! Since it was the first time she had done this I forgve her and we made another date.

Again she did not turn up nor did she contact. I called her to ask 'whats up' and she said she had no credit to which I replied "Not good enough. Don't ever ask me for help again.

This rudeness seems to be occuring with alarming frequency right across the board. People are taking others for granted and I for one have been on time and if not possible, I call. I will not outgrow that since I know that other people's time is as important as mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Nikki Sahagin

Hey OP.

If I could count the number of times this had happened to me I'd probably discover a new number.

I used to be the 'flake'. This was because at the time I had social anxiety (still do to an extent) and was very shy, introverted and a bit of a loner. I didn't know how to outright tell my friends this so I would pretend I was normal, make plans and then just not show.

I redeemed my ways and made a lot of effort with everyone. I don't know if I got some weird type of karma but a lot of my friends are just awful; rude, don't turn up, break plans or just irritate the hell out of me.

In reality I need new friends as I've realised any friend that acts that way isn't actually a friend, just someone you're hanging with to pass time.

I think you did the right thing cutting her out.