My friend DRONES on and on and on!!!

maysj18

I have a super close girlfriend named Meg. She is super sweet, always there for me, and one of my best friends here at school. She is the type of girl though who is ALWAYS with a guy and whenever she is, that is ALL she talks about. She's fooling around with a guy who is obviously using her, but she's too dumb to notice. The ONLY thing she ever talks about is him. She reads their text messages word for word, tells the same story 50x even AFTER I said I've already heard it. She also "hates" his ex-girlfriend, when it's not even that big of a deal. Granted, his ex is a bitch, but there's no reason for Meg not to grow up. It's gotten to the point where some of our mutual friends can't stand to be around her. Any advice on how to approach her?

When he hurts her feelings and she tells me about it, I try to give her advice but she's usually like "No, it's not like that." but it obviously is. Everyone sees it. I told her to her face that she shouldn't talk about it so much if she's not going to listen to what we're saying. I just don't know what else I should say? I feel like I've been so blunt, but she doesn't listen!