I made a bad choice, how do I fix it???

A year ago my ex gf cheated on me, I then found out most all my friends knew about it and didn't give me the heads up. Since then I have cut preety much all ties to them and her. Well last night I put together a function and one of my best friends brought some of these people. I had been drinking and I didn't act as mature as I should have.

My question is not should I be friends with these people, I already know I shouldn't. My question is HOW DO I FIX THINGS with one of my best friends? I care for this person like a brother and feel like complete crap..... He has backed me on so many things all I want to do is fix it with this friend.

Eddie Edirol

You apologize to him only. But if he was as close as you say, he would have known not to bring people that you already cut off. If you failed to inform him that you cut them off then thats your bad. After that, its up to him to understand why you acted the way you did after you aplogize. If he doesnt want to understand, then hes not that good of a friend.

Of course if you did somthing like - punch him in the face, then he has every right to avoid you.

• Author

I would NEVER hit a friend, I just caused a scene. Might not have treated his wife right too. I am just upset at myself, I am 30 years old. I know how to act in public, I also know I have been drinking to much. I was never really a drinker, but have been way to much lately.

• Author

Has anyone screwed up royally in their life and pulled it all back together?

I would really like to here a success story...

I think I can get myself straight, it is going to take some time, effort and hard work. I haven't done anything that will really matter in ten years, put the next six months aren't going to be fun!!

• Author

I am trying to take responsibility for my actions. I made a really bad choice, I have allowed my life to pretty much spiral out of my control. I am going to do everything I can now to fix what I have caused. Some people I am just going to let go, but if I can solve this problem with my close friend I will. If I can't I am still going to say sorry, so they know I am I truly am.

• Author

I owe this person A LOT more than just an apology. But that is a start and I will tell him that as soon as he is willing to hear me. I truly have hit rock bottom and I am now doing everything I can to take the beginning steps to go in the right direction.

• Author

My friend called me today and I couldn't be more happy!!! This means he is willing to hear me out on my apology and explanation.

I do feel relief about cutting ties with some of these people. Is that normal?