going back to being friends?

Things didn't work out between me and the guy i liked for unknown reasons even though the sparks were there. We've known each other for six years, so i feel like i can't just stop talking to him like i have with previous guys where things didn't work out. When i see him now, he's still super friendly with me waves at me, says hi, talks to me, offers me a drink(this is when i'm at his store). I find this all to be a little strange because in the past guys just stopped talking to me or acknowledging my existence if things didn't work out. But, maybe he's wanting the same thing too?

I just feel kind of weird right now at the thought of even texting him a simple "hi, how are things going?" to him. How do i go back to being good friends with him? Is this a one day at a time type deal?

Has anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing?

• 2 weeks later...
davesoprano

Well the dude may still have a thing for you. Question is, do YOU still have a thing for him? But anyhew, being in a relationship can really bring out the worst in people sometimes because of all the pressures involved, that number one pressure being finances but that's a different story, not to mention a very long one. Some people break up and become the best of friends because those pressures are not there anymore to stir up conflict. Whatever your feeling is, its normal, its probably the residual effects from the time you guys spent with each other in the relationship. Hopefully those residual effects will lead into a very good friendship or maybe even rekindle your relationship with him someday. Then again, it depends on what it is that you're looking forward to. A few of my exes are my best friends.

LoisCHampton

Well to be honest its really difficult to be friends when you were in relationship with him. After getting this much close to each others heart its not possible to act like as friends or to be a friends. if you try to do so its just pretending. What I believe is that you can never be friends with your ex boyfriend. No one can.

I learned many ways of saving my relationship through this http://www.waystogetbackatyourex.com an online program I tried and had a great results. Please visit it.

Things didn't work out between me and the guy i liked for unknown reasons even though the sparks were there. We've known each other for six years, so i feel like i can't just stop talking to him like i have with previous guys where things didn't work out. When i see him now, he's still super friendly with me waves at me, says hi, talks to me, offers me a drink(this is when i'm at his store). I find this all to be a little strange because in the past guys just stopped talking to me or acknowledging my existence if things didn't work out. But, maybe he's wanting the same thing too?

I just feel kind of weird right now at the thought of even texting him a simple "hi, how are things going?" to him. How do i go back to being good friends with him? Is this a one day at a time type deal?

Has anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing?

yeah!!

Friendship is like a ship but have no destination .....

thanks

Author