am I wrong?

bling-princess-95

bling-princess-95

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here and was very glad when I found loveshack.org. I'm going to be 16 soon, and really need a good opinion/advice on something. Its quite a long story, but its been bothering me for the past month. Hope u have the time to help me out :)

I have this best friend who is 10 years older than me. We are both so similar. I've never met anyone of his age who I have so much in common with! We have similar interests in music, food (except tea lol) and so many other finer things in life which wud be silly to mentioning here xD. We met thru church, he was my catechist. It was easy for us students to connect with him. When we became friends on facebook, he even told me that I was one of his fav. Students, quiet but very active :). That was 2 years ago. After that I barely kept in touch with him, coz I'm an idiot right?!

But then on Christmas 2010, I decided to send him my wishes, he replied and we've been constantly in touch ever since. When I say constantly in touch, I mean everyday! Met him yesterday and just sent him a msg. On fb. We've become bestfriends and I'm really honoured to be his coz this guy is like realllllly picky in chosing his friends! Both of us have admitted that our day didn't feel complete without a message from the other. And nor can we stay mad at eachother for long the silly little fights we have. He's more or less like a teenager, the way he behaves. When I have any problem in school with my guy friends or anything he's like "ok u want me to go and talk with them? I can do that u know!" Or "I don't get why u take all this crap from them? Uve gotta start stop caring about how ppl feel when they themselves don't care while speaking to u" and its coz of him I've kinda learnt how to stand up for myself, in a way :)

Ok so now to the most important part x).

During March, he tells me that he has to give me something. I kinda guess its like maybe his wedding card or sumthing coz I'm smart like that :D and after much hesitation, he tells me yes it is his wedding card. That night, I cried myself to sleep. I mean ok offcourse I was upset that my best friend probably lied to me about being single, but that day I realised that I had a major crush on him. After that I go in all like depression mode, but I still continued talking to him. He noticed I had been down for the past few days, I lied to him saying that my crush got a girlfriend and all that (I know right?! I cudnt come up with anything else!!! )

But turns out the wedding was a stupid april fool's prank that he played on all of his friends!!! But by then I kinda got over the crush :)

I've never had a boyfriend and don't think I ever will. And he always keeps telling me that I have to not be afraid when it comes to expressing my feelings towards people or to any guy that I like. It may be too late. He always keeps telling me soo many things, which none of my other guy friends tell me. Then I get all these feelings back again!!! I don't know how I manage to say hi, wave, smile and hug him when I meet him! I get all wobbly and shaking and I'm not comfortable with things like that! But now I get used to the fact that I am going to see more of him atleast every week! He's even met my parents and we've hung out with a couple of my close friends.

I keep thinking about how my life wud be if maybe he felt the same way, even though it may never happen. Offcourse we both love and care deeply for eachother as the best friends that we are and I don't ever wanna loose him.... Its just that it bothers me if maybe who knows, one day he may fall in love with a girl. How wud I deal with it? Cause I've never felt this way for any other guy before. Maybe I'm just a stupid teenager who had fallen for he best friend who is 10 years older than her and maye never feel the same way about her, and that she also may never fall for another guy so hard.

There's a part of me that tells me I'm crazy and wrong for loving him and that it may just be a temporary feeling. But there's another part of me which doesn't want to stop loving him and keeps hoping that he may love me back one day. I don't know. I just can't stop thinking about this. I ry need to know what to do.

And I'm really really really thankful to whoever reads this essay of a thing xD

I wud be really grateful for ur honest and frank opinion :)

Bestest Friend

You probably have a puppy love and you shouldn't take it seriously. You are too young to get that emotionally involved. It happens to all of us when we are young. We hero worship, we idolize, when we find someone who fits all of the qualifications we are looking for, we think that this is it. It doesn't work that way, although there are very, very, very few exceptions, maybe one in a million. You still have a lot of years ahead of you and you will learn a lot from all your experiences. When you get older, you will find that your standards will change, your taste will change. You should concentrate on your studies, keep him as your friend but do not get too emotionally involved. If he turns out to be really getting married, you will hurt more. There will be some good guys your age someday who is meant for you. Go and finish your college, get a good job, and the good guys will come along so easily. You will find out that you will have a lot to choose from and not only one. Keep your head up.:)

Eddie Edirol

You might as well stop talking to him. anything he does that doesnt involve dating you will hurt you. Plus he CANT date you because #1, its illegal. If he texts you anything that someone wants to see as dirty, he could get jailed. #2, you dont drive, and all the women his age do. Its a pain in the ass to pick up someone that cant come see you.

#3 You may think that you have alot in common, but remember that there are things hes involved in that you dont know about that he can relate to women his age better.

I dont know why he texts you every day when he knows he cant date you, he has to already know you have a crush. Picking up a 16 year old and having to have her home by midnight is not really something that grown men want to get involved in.