old best friend drama

crazypants

I was friends with this girl from about 7th grade on. We had a very rocky friendship because she was a pathological liar and was very competitive. It was hard for me to end our friendship because we always had a great time together and i spent such a huge chunk of my life with her. Even tho she made me distrustful and suspicious of practically everyone due to her lying.

Well I'll bring you up to present date, she dated this guy for about a year. broke up with him and fell in love with someone else. After getting her permission I started to date her ex boyfriend. She even sent us both a letter telling us she was happy about everything. Well I didnt really trust that and I ran the risk of our friendship ending of this. Later on she began to get upset about the fact that I was dating him. So I prefusly apologized and offered to end the relationship with him if it would help things. But she said it was ok and we tried to continue on with our "friendship"

But when we would hang out she would always make hurtful comments about their relationship in the past. Like "when we dated we spent like the first five months locked up in my room." and after pointing out a picture of her in pigtails she says "oh you should wear them for him he really likes girls in pigtails" just stuff to that extent. I stopped talking to her because the relationship wasnt worth the pain even tho I did break a friendship rule I didnt think I deserved the punishment.

So from the on we have been kinda on and off. One day I mustered up the courage to write her a letter telling her how angry I was about the stuff from the past and present. The lies, stealing and malicious things she has done behind my back. Well she didnt respond and has blocked me out of her life. I didnt relaly know what I was expecting from that letter. Some sort of closure I guess but I never got it.

Now things feel so unresolved and I'm mouring the loss of a friendship. It feels like an ex boyfriend. Everything I see reminds me of her, I get really sad about not knowing what's going on in her life. I get jealous too. I dont know how to get over this. It's been such a scarring experience. I know our friendship was toxic but i miss her and I hate not being able to control what is happening in my life and i'm totally immature but I cant stand the fact the she blocked me out of her life. what should I do?