girlfriend's close male friend suicidal because of our marriage cuz he like her too

shryn1612

Hi,

My girlfriend is very worried about her close male friend. Well we are planning to get married and she happily mentioned it to him. that guy now is telling her that he likes her and can't see her getting married to anyone else other than him and says that he will commit suicide. I got furious to be honest cuz this is blackmail. Well i do at the same time feel for the guy and understand his feelings but that guy is mentioning suicide to her very calmly and is unrelenting. My girl is worried for him because she obviously can't see anyone ending his life because of her and the weight of it is too much to bear. On the other hand, we are staying in different countries and so is that guy now and she and me are both worried that the guy could possibly harm her because of the rejection.

I want help regarding what can be done under such circumstances. Warning the guy's family about his intentions is the only thing coming to my mind. But i want to do more. she called me up and asked for a solution and i can't come up with something convincing to help her. what do i do? please help.

Vitai Slade

Call up the psych ward. They have a place for people like that. If it is seriously going to prevent your marriage from happening, you have to get someone to stop him. Otherwise, you'd have to convince your girl that people like that are all talk... and if they do actually kill themselves over this, that it's not someone she'd want to be with or even be around anyway. There's a lot of negative energy in that person.