Friendship or not

Gettingtired

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get an outside perspective on a friendship I have with a woman.

We've known each other for over 5 years give or take.

I'm always the one to initiate contact and make plans to go and see her. She is quite flakey at times with not responding to my calls and/or texts, and sometimes we go weeks without any contact what so ever.

She is a lovely person and when we do hang out we have a laugh together. I just get the feeling the friendship means more to me than it does to her and I dont feel I should give up my time for someone who neglects to reciprocate.

Yes she's hot and I so would, given the chance. But I did try it on with her [at a bad time, as always] and obviously got the answer no.

But this didn't affect the way she is with me.

We were all wrecked that night so got passed it quite quickly. At the time her boyfriend was treating her like ****, so I stepped up [and got shot down lol].

Opinions welcome.

Well, actually, I'm in a similar boat, go figger...one thing, though, I'd like to know why she even bothers at all if she doesn't seem interested and she never initiates contact. It's like it's only to her benefit, what are YOU getting out of it? The vague hope that there MIGHT be something there someday? Let's put it this way, then (and yes, I tell this to myself too), even if she DID ever decide to see what a great guy you are, would you even WANT someone who's flaky and (sounds like) inconsiderate? In my case, the reason I've stuck around is cuz he's a good friend who's always been there for me (which, lol, is prob'ly why I'm so crazy about him). Has this chick even been a good friend to you?

• Author

Wow! :eek: There's always someone somewhere going through the same thing or some thing very similar.

Lets just say she has her moments. She offered to let me stay at her house when things weren't going very well at my current accomodation. When I told her I was moving, she said "You could have told me and I would have let you move in here with me." She does have a 9/10 year old daughter, so I'm still toying with that idea.

When I've been a bit down about things she has offered her ear as well.

But comparing her to another woman friend I have [of over 10+ years] you could easily say who would be considered a true friend of the 2.

She has mentioned to me that most nights she's just sat at home watching TV. She knows the nights I'm usually free. So why dont you call me?!!?

I did call her on Sunday, no answer. She called back but I didn't answer as I didn't hear it [using a pressure washer at the time]. Called her back, no answer. So I text her to say just seeing how you are and when you might be free for a visit. No reply yet. But it is only Tuesday.

On one hand, I dont ask too often as I dont want to seem like I'm a pest and on the other I dont ask so much as I dont see the point.