Sh#t hit the fan: I feel really depressed because I lost some very close friends

InDoubt

Hey all,

I dated the brother of my best friend for a couple of months. I've known them for 3 years. She kept saying what a catch he was. Turns out to be this baby who's looking to hire a maid than find a partner. He's cheap in all senses, not a giver but a taker. He treated me as if I were inferior to him, esp. compared to the way he treated another close friend, "Jen", whom he's known for 20 years. One day I had them all at my place for lunch, Jen, her fiance, the guy and another friend. First time to come to my place, he brought nothing, my other friends brought wines and desert. For a whole hour he paid no attention to me whatsoever, he was all over Jen. Afterwards two of the friends made a comment to me about the fact he came empty handed.

So I stop seeing him. And the sister calls me to find out why. He insists a lot, and I wanted to stay out of it. I finally give in and I tell her. I also mentioned that my friends 'commended' on him coming empty-handed.

His sister tells him. He then emails Jen, all worried about HER opinion on him. Jen calls me, and verbally abused me that I should not have 'involved' them in the whole thing. She tells me they want nothing to do with me ever again and not dare call them or contact them, and hang up on me. Since then (Monday) I have kept my phone off, because I would start shaking at the sound of the ring.

I feel really depressed because I lost some very close friends becuase of this. I can see my fault in it but I would like your help to put things into some perspective. Thanks!

I guess the moral to the story is... Don't date brothers of best friends.

It will blow over, just give it a little time. In the meantime, find a new boyfriend.