feeling rejected and shut out

loverofloveandstuff

loverofloveandstuff

I've introduced my guy bestfriend (ex boyfriend although we only went out for a short while, I ended it) to everything important in my life. He has met my family, he has been to my house and is always welcome to and he has met all of my closest friends.

He has never invited me over, I have never met his family and I just feel like I am putting so much more into this relationship than him. He is going away soon and he was telling me about how him and all of his friends went out for his birthday last weekend. I couldn't have gone anyway but an invitation would have been nice.

Maybe I shouldn't feel so entitled but I am just feeling so rejected because I have opened up my whole life to him. We have been very good friends for a long time, we talk everyday but now I am thinking of dropping all contact. I am not going to confront him about it. If he doesn't want to open his life up to me then I don't want to push him to. I shouldn't have to convince him of anything, it should come naturally. I guess I'm just disappointed.

Can anybody tell me why he is like this? Am I an embarassment to him or what?