friendly etiquette question....sorta.

Wicked Child

Wicked Child

Ok, so I have been spending alot of time over at my friend's place where he lives with his gf. He's one of my best friends, we've known each other almost ten years....Basically, he's my gaming buddy. usually when I go over there, we end up geeking out on video games for hours. I was talkin to another friend the other day and he brought up that It seemed like I was spending alot of time there and that it seemed kind of strange....This got me thinking alot about it...

I realized I am there almost every day, doing the same ****...So I backed off for a few days, cos if I was on the opposite side, I'd want some alone time with my so, yanno? Well, still he called and told me to come over....and it happens all the time....like last night, they were there just chilling, and I opted not to go over there so they could have time together (which I hear just consists of him playing xbox, and her on the DS.) he still hit me up a few times asking why I was still at home.

Now for a little background......

We met some years ago at work. My car ended up dying, and since he lived right by me, I would carpool with him. We became friends, and spent pretty much every day after work playing video games and just shooting the poop. I admit, I had a crush on him when we first met, but that quickly dissipated when he started dating his current gf and landed in the no zone. Welllllllll....we ended up hooking up a couple times ( which was awkward, but incredible nonetheless) and it kinda just made things strange after that...he's propositioned me several times since then, but i refused, cos he's been with his gf (and he was when we hooked up...which I further confessed to her after finding out she cut ties with some friends over the "lie" that he had cheated...the guilt was eating at me, and I would want the same if I was in her position...not to mention the fact that when all that happened, he wasn't shy about telling everyone he was using her..)

My other friend seems to think he digs me, and he even claims that I'm not admitting feelings...I don't have feelings(at least I really don't think I do) towards him other than friendship, but his friendship is really important to me, so maybe that is what he's seeing....

So I'm having an etiquette problem....When invited, should I always accept said invite, or should I use my own discretion when hanging out? I don't really like being at home, so if I have the chance to spend time with friends, I always jump on that, but I don't want to be like the other woman, yanno? I'm sure in her eyes I'll always be the other woman, but should I back off? all we freaking do is play xbox, yanno? he'll give me the occasional rant about her here and there, but since we slept together, we havent been as close as we were before, and we both just kinda started opening back up like that...I always tell them that if they don't want me to come by, they just need to tell me they want alone time...It's not a big deal...But I am puzzled by all of it, really....and I'm sure half of it doesn't make sense...any freaking advice would help.

What does his GF do when you are over there? I would think she would be pretty pissed, knowing he hooked up with you and yet you are there every day.

Yeah, I would totally be open and honest with him and say that you are uncomfortable being the sort-of-other-woman and keep some distance.

And get other friends you can hang out with; someone you spend every day with you isn't a boyfriend is a problem, don't you think?