Roomate issues, and their issues....

Cocobutter

Okay,

I didnt want to have to do this, but since it's bothering me to the point where i want to hit one of my roomates i'll just go with the alternative and type out my frustration.

I live with 2 girls. Both are cool in their own ways, both have great qualities that people look for in a roomate. Fun, random and supportive.

BUT

there is always some type of drama between us at some point in time, where 2 arent talking to eachother because of "bad vibes" they catch from glares or dirty looks, OR, i'm the one being irritated that one of them is always going through some bi-polar episode, and the other one is always playing the victim/know it all.

Its annoying.

I've never claimed to be the see all and be all, but honestly, it gets irritating when you're trying to have a conversation, or at least finish a sentence without miss know it all coming in and dominating the conversation.

And to make matters a little more annoying, let me start on the boyfriend behaviour. I'm not talking about their boyfriends behaving badly, i'm talking about how they act when their boyfriends are around.

I dont know what it is with some girls, but they feel the need to have to perform for them. Any other random debate or discussion we have is now stupid and irritating. The people of the house are suddenly SO annoying to be around so they'll go quartine themselves in their room and invite whoever else in there.

Its really getting to me because i'm the type of person to be to myself and be okay being by myself,

so i get irritated when Miss know it all has to be inviting me into her room and wanting to talk about people when her bf isnt around.

And Bi-polar is like that too, but when the **** hits the fan with hm, we're her bestfriends.

I dont think this is neccessary. If i'm annoying you, then don't call on me when your lonely. Its a form of being twofaced. I dont like it.

I've wanted to blow up at both of them from time to time. One has a huge problem managing their money issues, and the other has a problem talking about the one who has money issues to everyone else when shes not around....making me wonder whats said about me when i'm not around.

Out of everyone, i'm the one to say where theres a problem, but i know if i were to bring up my issue with miss know it all. She would never want to be caught in the wrong and would take it from a house isssue to a "everybody's business" issue...and frankly that sort of **** makes me act in violent ways, so i dont want to be the one looking bad.

I think i'm just going to keep to myself until people notice. I'm the only the pays for most of the stuff in this house. I have never been late on a bill payment or not done my part with chores....but when you live with someone who just loves the drama...its easy for her to come up with something to say.

Moving out is not an option. I love this house, its good rent and excellent utilities. So what should i do?

This is not what you're going to want to hear, but this is your problem.

Permit me to illustrate with a fable.

Three monks set off together at daybreak on a long walk to the ocean, in order to meditate on the beach, as the sun was setting...

After many gruelling hours, they arrived at the beach, and began walking down the sandy bank, when suddenly, the came to a wide band of sharp stones, separating them from the sandy beach by the shore's edge.... the band of stones was both broad and long, and they could see no break in it....

The first monk said:

"We must send word back to the monastery, to bring many rolls of silk, and we will cut the silk into pieces, and wrap the stones up, in order to cover their sharp edges!"

The second monk cried -

"Are you mad - ?! That will take weeks! No! We must send word for the others to transport the prayer mats in the temple, to cover all these stones, and make them invisible and painless...."

The third monk thought for a moment, watching the sun sinking in the west, then ventured....

"Why don't we just put our sandals back on?"

We can't change what others do, or how sharp and abrassve they are. We cannot wrap them up in "niceness" to make them something they're not.

We cnnot shut them out, or hide them away, and create an impenetrable barrier between us and them.

All we can do, is to look to our own attitude, and mentally protect ourselves fom being injured by how people are.

We cannot alter others.

We can only alter our perceptions, views and opinions.