Don't Want 2 Hurt Him...But Dont Want 2 Date Him

sexiiladii68

sexiiladii68

So...I have this big dilemma...recently met this guy..he's really great, sweet, nice, attractive, funny..but I'm just not into him like that. I have told him straight up I only want to be friends. Well since then, we have hung out more and talked on the phone every night. He keeps making lil comments about how hot I am, and things like that and they make me feel like he still is not getting the point of "JUST FRIENDS". I don't know what else I can do. Everytime we're on the phone I use the word "Friends" in our conversation and he STILL doesn't get it. To make matters worse, I DO like someone else and I have been writing blogs to/about him, and my friend thinks that they are for HIM! Even after I told him, no you don't know the guy that they are about, he thinks I'm just being shy and saying that when really they are about him. I know this because the guy that I do like is the one who my friend is telling all this to...which makes the situation that more complicated because he has no idea that we like each other, and both of us are friends with him. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the classic lines told to me by women not interested:

1) I know the perfect friend to set you up with

2) I'm not even considering dating until I finish school

3) What's the name of your cute friend?

4) Let me tell you about this guy I have a crush on.

5) I have to wash my cat

6) You know, you are a really great friend. Just like a brother.

You get the idea.

Plus, if you date him with being into it, you are just going to hurt him more. He'll get over it

Um, just tell him out straight. If you and the other guy start dating, it's going to become obvious sooner or later - so you may as well get it over with.

The problem is you want your cake and eat it too. You can't be friends if he wants more (no matter how much you like his company) because you both do not have the same goal for your relationship. You need to just come out and tell him that you are interested in another guy. It might end your friendship but since you both don't want a just friends relationship it wouldn't work out anyway.

You can't be friends if you both don't want a just friends relationship. The sucks but you want him to settle for friends but if he can't see you as a just friend the best you can be is aquaintances.

this sounds like a thing i have just come out of. But I am the one who wanted more, but she says she does not want to hurt me and is wary of relationships due to past bad experiences. Sometimes she wanted me other times need time on her own totalled my brain at times.

Maybe you are giving him signs that you should not be giving. Since I was on the recieving end of this I,m afraid I have no sympathy sorry