Is it the age difference or her issues?

I met this girl a while back and we became casual friends. She would come visit me at work and vise versa. I asked her for coffee one evening. She accepted but was very reluctant stating that she was trying to work things out with her boyfriend and that she had some very bad experience with guys as friends. We went for coffee and I made sure to keep it casual and lite. Over coffee we discouvered that we were seperated by 10years. She thought I was younger and I thought she was older. At the time it didn't seem to bother her. Ever since then things have been different, she seems to trust me less and acts as though I am tryning to pick up on her, which I am not. Is it wrong to be friendly with some younger? Or is it a miscommunication that I should try to straighten out? It makes me feel very uncommfortable and as though I am doing something wrong.

chryssy83

Which ten years? Are we talking like 18/28, 25/35, 30/40?

Regardless, it sounds like she wasn't seeing the whole thing as just being friendly. Maybe that means she thought she might want something more, maybe it means that she was thinking you wanted that. The distance could be the age difference or the boyfriend issues or any number of other things. It sounds like maybe she hasn't had a lot of guy friends who just wanted to be friends.

It's not wrong to be friends with someone younger, necessarily. Just depends on the people and the type of friendship whether it will work out. Another question, though, are you sure all you want is to be friends? It seems like posting here maybe you want something more...