how do we clear this mess up?

ok...i am really hoping someone out here will take the time to be serious for one second and provide me with some kind of advice that might actually work - and i would appreciate hearing from females because being a man i don't seem to be doing the right thing in regards to reassuring a female friend of mine...ok...here is the background

i was in a long term relationship with a woman [4 years]. i believed we both were in love - have been told that might not have been the case. things were great at the start we had fun. but never really knew where she 'stood' in the relationship. we moved in to together and everyone got sick, she left, broke up with me, i ran after her, she did NC, 8 months later still no communication from her, i assume we both have moved on, we are obviously not a couple anymore, i am currently in a relationship, no idea about her,

the problem is because we live in city, have the same friends, we occasional chat in forums but never in real life like regular folk do - so the problem is someone called me and said that she thinks i want to be her bf again and that i haven't moved on - but because we never talk face to face she doesn't realize that i have moved on...i am in a relationship with someone else so why would she think i would be hitting on her...that would be gross...and she knows i am not a cheater...i am just a friend...maybe she doesn't want that either and i have confused her...hmmm..what's the best way to solve this riddle?

Since you still "talk" via computer to this girl wouldn't it be easier to just say "I am in a relationship with someone else but I care for you as a friend and hope we can remain friends."

Truth is a good thing and it is far easier to remember.

Hope that helped,

lighthouse

Since you're over her and in a relationship with someone else, why do you need to solve any riddles about what she's thinking?

Just tell her you have a gf, and if she says anything that hints she's trying to get with you, reiterate that you have a gf and what she's saying is inappropriate.