That sucked...

fishtaco

Went with a female friend to a house party. I drove her. I told her I want to be back by 3am because I'm working out tomorrow morning. She said okay.

3am came, I was still there. It's fine, she was having a good time, so was I, I didn't bug her. I went to the bathroom, came out, ready to go, since everyone else at the party either left or passed out, and she disappeared with some guy into the bedroom.

So I waited, figure give them a bit of privacy. 3:30, a friendly lady on the way out that knows the guy knocked on his door to say goodbye, and told both of them that I was sitting around waiting. I go in there, she acted like she's ready to leave, it's okay, I'm a nice guy, hope they had a good time. She couldn't find her bra so I found it for her, then she pushed me out of the room to put on her bra (had shirt on). That's cool, she was being fake modest (the guy was still in there), ha ha funny, I'm game. Except she stayed in there for another 15 minutes. I knocked on the door, still no response. So I was like okay, bye, he can drive you home tomorrow and took off for the door. Then she came out. She said she'll stay but she needed to get something for from my car, so I pulled my car around, and I couldn't find her anymore. Guess where she went? Back into the bedroom. I waited another 15 minutes while chatting with some guy that came in and was crashing on the couch. Then I was like hello? how long do you want me to wait. Then she was all he has me tied down, what do you want me to do? So I said why don't you just enjoy it. I'm outta here, you can get whatever you need from my car later.

That sucked. She knew my schedule, but didn't care about it. She didn't even have the consideration to tell me to go earlier since she was staying. Plus even if I didn't have the schedule, the party ended already. Leaving me standing around while she makes the beast with two backs is inconsiderate anyway. Either do it during the party since I'll be socializing anyway, tell me she's staying so I can go, or don't score and leave with me, or even alternately, if one of his hot chick friends is willing to take one for the team, I'm game too. Anyway I don't think that's unreasonable to ask of her.

Reply:

I do believe it was rude, and inconsiderate of her to keep you waiting. However, she was half-drunk -or rather most definitely completely drunk. Hence you can't expect a drunk person to make good snappy judgments.

IF I was in your situation, I would have been upset with the waste of time. As a result, you should have told her, immediately thereafter, and left.

You must give worth to yourself, at particular times. In other words, learn to use good judgment as well.

It is alright not to be the nice guy, in scenarios such as this one.

Knowing when to and when not to be a nice guy, saves you tremendous amount of hassle.

I suppose, men in general have a difficult time knowing when to apply the Nice Guy role -unless it is embedded in them at an early age.

I understand the indirect legitimacy of your actions, though.

Regards,

Sand&Water

Well, you should know not to give her a ride anymore. Sounds like she can find her own ride, and both kinds at that. Also, I question whether or not it might be worth being friends with this woman in the first place. She is obviously more concerned about getting off.

hey, don't worry about it...sometimes friends are rude yah know...all you do is bank it and next time she needs a ride, tell her NOPE

i had a friend that used to call and say...meet ya at the pub at 9 and show up at 11:30. after doing that twice, i said enuff. so, the next time he called and said PUBTIME 9:00 - i said, sorry man, i'm taking in the hockey game at mark's place...later gator

its no biggie

burning 4 revenge

This is where Alpha's advice about nice guys finishing last is practical.

You were being her little bitch.

has anyone else noticed that when someone is considered a 'nice guy' in here that people immediately rant on his ass? jebus. isn't that backwards? u crap on a nice guy but mention nothing about the rude chickita? are these people really angry nice guys in disguise? lol. teasing.

i mean, look at his post..he only said he did it once....

correct me if i am wrong here but i am assuming [i know, i know] that those who take the view that nice guys finish last, and crap on them, must therefore be the opposite and bad bois...and if the theory goes that nice guys finish last, then bad bois finish first...so, why would they even care to make a comment? wouldn't want the nice guys to stay in last place and keep the competition down? if saying to be secure in yourself, and land the babes, u can't be a nice guy, then why would you show insecurity by picking on someone you are saying is insecure?

i don't think people actually see that sometimes! have you ever seen a nice boy post here..commenting about the bad asses this way? nope. enuff said folks!

burning 4 revenge

I'm not a bad boy or an alphamale by any stretch. And nice is a loaded and ambiguous word that means different things to different people.

The OP was allowing himself to be walked on and I've been there and done that myself. I'm not being critical of him as a person, just commenting on the events. 10 years ago, maybe even five I would have done the same thing, but one learns from being a dishrag.

• Author

Spoke to her yesterday, I told her she pissed me off. She was trying to tell me she didn't sleep with the guy. I told her I could careless what she did with the guy, but she wasted my time. After talking to her, I realized exactly what Sand&Water said -- she was trashed, so she didn't realize what she was doing. That made me a bit less pissed off at her, but I didn't her tell that. I didn't want to provide her with any excuse for her actions. She apologized, I accepted, but basically like what everlong said, we're staying friends, but I'll remember this. I won't get stuck in the same situation in the future.

Yup, I screwed up. Unfortunately I realized my mistake too late. At least I'm a bit less of a dishrag now.

really, you know I cant speak for ho's cause I am not one. but in this case I will tell you that you were pretty dumb for waiting on her!!!!! fine and good you both were having a good time but did you not say you were driving? I would have went to her and said I am ready and I have to go. I have things planed for tomorrow. if she disappered I would have found where she went knocked on the door and said I am leaving and I need to know if you are going. really I would have only told her one time. I think she is rude and disrespectful, on the flip side and that would have been you would she have waited? I am not sure if I would go out with her again. if so I would let her know that if you are ready and she is not when the time came to go then she was going to be left and she could get home the best way she knew how.

She said she didn't sleep with the guy? Yeah, as much as she can remember she didn't ;)

Anyway, I applaud your willingness to stick around and wait cause in all honestly, I would have left at 3pm whether she was in the car or not (of course after giving her warning about leaving). Only reason I have such a strict attitude tho is because after a lot of situations, I don't trust my friends with times and situations like yours anymore so, eh, you're not alone. Ya hope to see the good in people but a lot don't seem to care and let ya down ;)

• Author
Oh man, she said she didn't sleep with the guy. Ha ha ha. Suuuuuure she didn't.

Hahaha exactly. After she told me that I gently reminded her that it was I who found her bra in the guy's room. I just left it at that, I didn't care enough to push the issue. We're all consenting adults, who cares. She's got a funny attitude about this.

But yeah, now I know. Next time something like this happens again, it could happen with my other friends too, you never know, I'll just let them know I'm leaving, and leave. If they want to go with me, be in my car when I drive off.