Can he just accuse me of theft?????

[COLOR=black]I am working part-time (as a second job!) in a pizza place... I usually work the phones and the till with atleast one of my colleagues. There is only one till in the shop but there is always atleast 2 people using at any one time.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]It was brought to our attention about a month ago (maybe slightly more), that there was money going missing from the till. This was directed at me and someone else imparticular as it was happening on shifts that we usually work. Since then, nothing has ever been sorted, but I often get little digs from my boss about him getting cctv in and how the till has still been short. He just says them in a way which is very accusing and in a way which I know is directed at me. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Anyway, he has now said that if the till is down anymore that we have to put the money in from our own pockets!!! £23 I had to put in the other night! That was more than what I even earned in that shift!! I have explained to him that the situation is making me very uncomfortable using the till and that I would prefer to be taken off the rota until he can train me on something else. It has got so bad that every time someone hands cash over the counter for payment, we have to hand it straight to a manager! It's awful!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I just don't need this crap from a part time job.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Does anyone know where I stand in a situation like this??? And am I within my rights to refuse to use the till??? It’s beginning to really annoy me, and I am supposed to be there tonight and I really don’t think I can stomach it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I feel annoyed that it hasn’t been sorted by now, over a month I think is a bit extreme for no proper action to have been taken. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Need some thoughts on this![/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3] [/sIZE][/FONT]

:eek:

Few questions:

How many people on a shift that will use the till? Just 2?

How many shifts in a day? i.e. How many people each day have access?

Does the manager cash-up the till at the end of each shift? If not, suggest this, as it will help track the particular user.

You really have no idea who is doing this?

How many people used the till on the night you paid £23? Was that the total missing, or your part of it? If so, how much is being stolen?

Your manager should have taken better action by now. It's in his interest to do so. I'm not sure of the legalities of bag/pocket checks for staff. Could he not do random checks? Perhaps mark the notes in some way as a test etc?

Really this ought to be fairly easy to do.

• Author

I am not sure exactly how many shifts it is happening over... I just know about the ones that I work! Which is three a week. £23 was the amount that it was out last week on my shift. I was working with one other guy that night, but really, there can be as many as 6 people a night with their hands in the till! I hvae made many suggestions but nothing seems to sink in... maybe I will just get another job!

:lmao: I bet he is pocketing the cash and making more money off his employees if he owns the place....... SWEET! I never thought of doing this........ this is too good of any idea to pass up on.

I would look for another job and I do not believe he can make you put your own money into the till...... document it and report him.

He could simply only have one worker per shift in the till.... and a friggin camera is dirt cheap if he really wanted to see what is going on.

It seems to me he wants to not really solve this..... so maybe the money is indeed going into his pocket.