This explains a LOT about the new manager

HokeyReligions

..and why no one who works under her likes her or trusts her.

A bout six weeks ago one member of her staff (not me) had to leave early because her mother collapsed and had to be rushed to the hospital (where she stayed for over a week - she will be OK though). Well this person told a co-worker she was leaving after she tried to call the new manager and got her voice mail (she did leave a message). The co-worker told the manager when she saw her later and the new manager hummmed, and ummmmed, and said "well, I don't know what to do about it, her mother is not dead yet" YET!

Then, three weeks ago this same staff member called the new manager in the morning to say she would be late. She had to take her 15 year old BELOVED dog - who she had longer than her daughter! - to the vet to be put to sleep. Her dog was old and sick and it was time. She was totally broken up about it and was crying on the phone. The manager says to her: "OK, that reminds me of an, umm, uhh, funny, uhhh story (she never says anything without a ton of ums and uhhs). Years ago when I lived in Canada I had a cat that I grew up with. I know how you feel about your dog - I loved that cat and took her to the vet a couple of times and after a surgery she wasn't recovering. We knew she would die and I didn't have the $75 to have her put down so I wrapped her in a towel and put her in the freezer and she was dead by morning. I could have just let her outside since it was winter and bitter cold and she would have died there - but this was less messy. I'm sure it was a sweet death." She laughed while she was telling her "funny story" and laughed afterward too. The staff member was in absolute TEARS! She broke down at the vets office too and they kept telling her to go home but she HAD to go to work or risk losing her job.

That says a LOT about this manager and the man who hired her! How horrible! This is who we work for now?!

:mad:

• Like 1

"That says a LOT about this manager and the man who hired her!"

I seriously doubt the man who hired her had any remote idea of just how insensitive, stupid, idiotic and inappropriate this woman was at the time. A LOT of people put on acts big time when they go for a job interview...kind of like people do when they are courting...haha!

My gawd , Hoke, Im so sorry you have to work for this woman.Putting her cat in the freezer!!!! I hope someone puts her azz in the freezer.That made me so MAD.

• Author
HokeyReligions

Isn't that horrible! I want to let the President and CEO of the company know what kind of people they have working for them - it might add some legitimacy to the complaints they have already received about her and her boss---but it won't matter. This company is so unethical. It's not the same since the original men who began the company and built it up retired and let others take over. The whole place has changed for the worse. I had hoped I found a place from which I could retire, but this isn't it. They have screwed over so many people and there has been a huge turnaround in personnel over the past year. Something like 65% of the employees have been on the job a year or less -- and there are over 3600 employees! I left the company in 2003 (I was contract) for a better paying contract position and when they found out I was available again they asked me to come back as a permanent employee and I did - July 2005. The senior management changeover took place in December 2005 and it's been going downhill since. Most of the people I worked with when I first came back are gone - either quit or were "let go" and the boss that hired me was demoted a few months ago. They wanted to fire her but, like me, they couldn't without risking a major lawsuit. So they demoted her. They are aggressively getting rid of the old staff and I know I'm on the list. Now that I have decreased responsibilities at home I can start looking for a new job for myself. I hate that because this one is so close to home and I could really love it, but I'll never respect that manager or be able to look at her without thinking of that poor cat.

I am appalled at the idea that she stuck the cat in the freezer ! Did she not think the kitty would suffer tremendously ?

Reminds me of a situation at work : A coworker informed the boss that his brother had died . The boss said : " Look I really don't have time for this "......... ( seriously ) After which the employe refused to talk to the supervisor for 3 weeks. One day the supervisor after many attempts to try to talk to the employee asked how the employee was doing : To which the employee responded : "You blow off my brothers death as if I were bothering you and NOW you want to be chummy chummy ? I don't need it. Don't speak to me again "

Enuff said :)