Office politics

laRubiaBonita

this just gets in my Crawl.

i have been here over 4 years.

yet this other chic, who was an intern last year, became a receptionist this year, has now gotten a way betteer job as a permit analyst..... better as in more money.

my first thought was they like her alot, and are playing favorites, as usual...... i just recently learned the chic, has gotten knocked up by her now estranged BF, may get kicked out of parents home....she was in pharmacy school (duh....condoms!)....

Anyways, so basically they have given this girl a better job, with more money, not necessarily cause she is the best candidate.... but because the poor girl is irresponsible.:mad:

UUUUUGH!

Glad you're not a cynical guy, Alpha. ;)

dude...if I had a nickel for every time I saw an attractive young woman promoted quickly up the ranks in corporate america I'd have $5.00 :laugh:

Glad you're not a cynical guy, Alpha. ;)

:lmao:

lRB: Is this office gossip, or do you know these things first hand?

And what about the way she is conducting herself at WORK... is she good at her job? Her personal life has nothing to do with it - as long as it doesn't get in the way of her working responsibilities.

lRB: Is this office gossip, or do you know these things first hand?

yeah...maybe the CEO knocked her up! :p:laugh::lmao:

• Author
laRubiaBonita

of course ALL THE GUYS LOVE HER.....

and i do know that all that she is a good worker, i actually like her, i have nothing against HER.... just the fact that she gets special treatment and i do not!

of course ALL THE GUYS LOVE HER.....

and i do know that all that she is a good worker,

so she's good lookin' AND knows her s***?!? she'll be CEO within 2 years :laugh:

and i do know that all that she is a good worker, i actually like her, i have nothing against HER.... just the fact that she gets special treatment and i do not!

What special treatment? Was the job formally applied for? (And if so, did you go for it?)

Maybe she deserved it??

Fire away.

HokeyReligions
I think it's generally a mistake to expect fairness in the workplace.

For once we agree.

------------

I don't think ALPHA is being cynical at all. I was just reading an article on it and attractive women move up faster than their 'plainer' counterparts and make more money and qualifications for the job are at the bottom of the list.

It's the way the world works. I've been on both sides of that issue personally.

I don't think ALPHA is being cynical at all. I was just reading an article on it and attractive women move up faster than their 'plainer' counterparts and make more money and qualifications for the job are at the bottom of the list.

i was just giving my own personal real-world observations from working at a number of fortune 500 companies.