It's baseball, not business, but well worth the read

I was doing a search on baseball stuff and somehow came up with an article on Ozzie Guillen, the manager of the Chicago White Sox, who are on the verge of their first World Series championship in 88 years.

Guillen actually played with the White Sox back in the late 1980's and through the 1990's, before retiring in 2000. The White Sox General Manager Ken Williams, intrigued just enough to give the guy an interview, gave the former White Sox utility player a chance to make his case. Meanwhile, Williams was sure he wanted someone with more experience and a track record of winning to install as the next manager.

But Guillen made an immediate impression - an impression based on character and principles.

"I believe managers are hired to get fired. But if I'm going to get fired, it's going to be my way," Guillen said. "Every player who wears this uniform is going to play the game right. If they don't play the game right, they're not going to play for me."

"I don't want selfish players," Guillen said. "Give me players that want to win. Don't give me good players that don't care. Give me a good kid who wants to bust his tail for us. Don't give me some guy that just wants to make $20, $30 million next year.

"We're going to have fun," Guillen added. "But fun is winning and winning is fun. I believe have fun first and then you win. Then you have more fun in the clubhouse."

The full article is here:

http://www.wjxx.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=10240