My manager is a pushover, how do i handle this

My supervisor who I work with is a pushover. He let's our staff get away with murder . They go home when they want, they get all the days off that they want, they threaten to call in sick if they don't get their day off that they want etc. He bows down to them and he hates confrontation and will do anything to avoid it.

He is also a pushover to his bosses. They ask him to do anything and he will do it. He's a yes man, even though it affects our staff.

I'm sick and tired of it. It's like what we say doesn't matter.

How do i combat his style of leadership as it's so frustrating.

How do i combat his style of leadership as it's so frustrating.

Honestly, you probably can't. A conflict-avoidant boss is the worst kind to have since it goes against the core values of effective management and supervision in providing direction and resolution. Your options most likely are acceptance or change of employers...

Mr. Lucky

You can take advantage of this and take as many days off as possible to look for another job. Win-win! ;)

• Like 2

There's nothing you can do that won't go in one ear, and out the other. He's got to make a choice to change how he manages his employees and put his foot down. That isn't likely to happen, but he won't be around forever either.

"Be careful what you wish for"

Have you an eye on the supervisors position yourself?

How would you do things differently?

• Author
Why should you care? what business is that of yours?

I'm on his management team. What he doesn't enforce with our employees affects me and when i try to enforce things he doesn't agree.

It’s hard to tell just from your side of the story. Are their behaviors affecting their performance or your team’s productivity at all? Some bosses let their staff members go home once their work is done; others allow them to work from regularly. There’re also supervisors who would count the number of squares of toilet paper used by each staff member, which is counter-productive, except that these suoervisors don’t have the common sense to know.