LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Taking kids on a business trip?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2019, 4:26 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle303 View Post
Plus, even if she got sick at home and I'm in another country, I'd probably go crazy with worry.
She'd have someone she knows looking after her.

Daycare will ring you and you'll have to collect her and keep her with you (from experience of having kids who only ever fall sick at the most awkward of times...).

If that helps, I've had to leave my kids with my (delighted) parents for work for a week - they all had a ball.

Regardless, it looks like you have thought it through and have made your mind up.

Enjoy
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 6:11 PM   #17
Established Member

All of my business trips are usually 12 to 14 hour days. We meet at breakfast in the hotel, drive to the site, work all day and then the company usually takes us to dinner. I wouldn’t take my kids on my trips because they are so unpredictable.
Pastypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 7:24 PM   #18
S2B
Established Member

Sure. Line up day care and get all school assignments ahead so she can accomplish the work she will miss while you’re away.

Plan time with her each day while you aren’t in your meetings.

Set up time to see the area you visit and show her what is interesting about that area.
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 4:51 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastypop View Post
All of my business trips are usually 12 to 14 hour days. We meet at breakfast in the hotel, drive to the site, work all day and then the company usually takes us to dinner. I wouldn’t take my kids on my trips because they are so unpredictable.
I guess it depends on the profession - we'll probably start sometime in the morning and be done by 3 or 4 pm. I mean, if it goes longer than that she can always stay in the daycare, I'll make sure she has all her schoolwork in advance and books and entertainment.
noelle303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 5:04 PM   #20
SJS
Established Member

What does your daughter think? Does she want to hang out in a daycare all day or would she rather keep her normal schedule and go to school? TBH, I'd be nervous leaving my almost 8 year old alone (or even in a daycare) in another country, no matter how independent she is.

My daughter (14) and I sometimes tag along with my husband on his trips. However, we keep ourselves busy during the day while he's working, and might have dinner together. He will try to plan his travel schedule by a long weekend or use a few vacation days for when his work is done so he gets a quick vacay out of it as well.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote