old job posting appearing

Hi LS. About 7 mths I had a intense job interview process that was a 6 week process. I was the runner up. A few days ago, I saw the same job posting. Now I'm currently working. I like where I work. There flexible they don't micro manage, and most of the people there I like, and talk every day. So my question is, should I reapply, or just f@@k it and stay where I am. The only reason I'd leave was for more money. I have been at my current place for 7 mths so I know it's early to ask him for a raise.

Happy Lemming

More money does not always bring happiness.

Unless you are very close to retirement and the other job is a HUGE pay increase that could fund a retirement nest egg for early retirement, stay where you are.

Working at a non-stressful job (that you like) is a dream job, keep it (in my opinion).

Most companies do annual reviews... does your present company do that?? If so, that would be the time to discuss a raise or adjustment to your salary (again, in my opinion).

• Like 1
  • Author
More money does not always bring happiness.

Unless you are very close to retirement and the other job is a HUGE pay increase that could fund a retirement nest egg for early retirement, stay where you are.

Working at a non-stressful job (that you like) is a dream job, keep it (in my opinion).

Most companies do annual reviews... does your present company do that?? If so, that would be the time to discuss a raise or adjustment to your salary (again, in my opinion).

Your right happy. My review would be at the one year mark. Thanks for your input.

I think you should apply anyway. If you don't you may one day wish you had.

It does not mean you have to take it or that you will even get it. But at least you will never think back and wish you had.

Yes you should apply. I recently saw a job opening for a company I was also the runner up for and I’m going to apply.

Eternal Sunshine

I’m currently employed by a company where I was a runner up 2 years ago. However they personally called me to ask me to apply.

• Author

I also just read on indeed, an employee saying how the boss slams doors, didn't get any training. They didn't say how long they were there. Just that they left in sept. So I was thinking it was the one who got the job. I keep going back and forth with this.

Happy Lemming

Will the extra money (at the questionable job) cause a significant "life change" for you??

Is the raise in salary big enough to allow you to do something major?? Pay off your house?? Purchase an investment property?? Bring on early retirement??