So I work for a company I’ve been with for 6 years. Recently my boss flipped out on me and another employee for no apparent reason. Our boss made us go into the basement and clean out mold and stuff that was gross. I dropped a slight comment that it might not be safe to be down there and she freaked out and sent an email to hr about me. I got so upset I cried literally all weekend. I’m usually not such a crier but I felt traumatized and horrible for days and I am now finally feeling normal. I am seriously considering looking for another job.........but I need this one until I can leave. Has anyone been here before?

Might be helpful to know what kind of work you do. If you're in accounting, it would make sense to refuse to do the cleaning. If you're in janitorial, it's part of the job description.

Either way, I'd want protective clothing and masks. And failure to provide those would trigger my own communication with HR...

Mr. Lucky

If you don't have HR to complain to call your local department of labor & OSHA if you are in the US.