LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Is it inappropriate to give a compliment on appearance at the workplace?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2018, 9:42 PM   #16
Established Member

From my experience, guys that do it (even if totally non-sexual) get a reputation of being sleazy. I don't believe in being hyper PC but women talk and you don't want to be known as "that guy". It quickly adds up (semi-flirty banter, compliments even if directed at different people).
Old 27th May 2018, 2:16 AM   #17
Established Member

I'd tread cautiously with doling out compliments to members of the opposite sex in the workplace. Even though you may have genuinely innocent intentions, it could still get you into trouble with an anal retentive manager/supervisor or even if the woman doesn't feel comfortable with a male coworker giving her a compliment, especially if she's married or has a boyfriend.

It's tough to say with people in the workplace. I've run my own business for most of my adult life, but there was a time I was a sales executive for a small company with an absolutely absurd female manager who took it upon herself to make my life a living hell until I resigned. She wrote me up for everything from blowing my nose at my desk to allegedly going to the bathroom in excess of 6 times per hour, every hour, all day long. It was bogus, but she wanted to get me fired for whatever reason and had no qualms about lying. My point is that you just don't know how something might be taken the wrong way by the wrong person in a work environment and it can have an impact on your career.
Romantic_Antics is offline   Reply With Quote