Wny does an ex employee have to be so vindictive

soccorsilly

This is merely a rant.....former employees. UGH. I have merged my business and one of my "star" people decided that this was a good time for a break from my industry. So, after 15 years in the industry and 8 years under my ownership, she gives me 4 days notice. Beyotch!

OK, so we work in 4 days to transition her clients and workload to someone else and she is not too coperative. OK, almost understandable.

On her last day, she returns to work after she already left and someone in my office (I will call her dumb ass) feels it is ok to let the now ex employee come in and delete all of her emails from MY computer. Beyotch.

Now in the aftermath of moving an office, m,erging a business, losing a key employee, I find that due to an error she made and never corrected (which I asked her to do) I am saddled with a $1700 bill. Also, I was supposed to be taking her and her hubby to Ireland --she and I on busniess, he as a tagalong, and I find that she charged his airline ticket $800 to me (I was picking up hers and mine) AND I find a printed email to someone just one day after the ticket was bought--"but between you and me, I don't think I am making that trip" Beyotch Beyotch

So, on her final check, I deducted the $1700 and the $800 and it came out to her "owing" $300 whcih I said just call it even--goodbye good luck. I did express my disappointment in the 4 days notice and the way she transitioned her accounts.

Now it seems that a lot of the accounts she was handling are cutting back. So, I imagine she is scorned that she did not get her final paycheck--but hell I was not expecting to pay $2500 for her f-ups either. Incidentally there have been another $400 of f-ups that have surfaced since.

But why does someone feel the need to badmouth and ruin something. I am so pissed. I would love to fire back at the clients and tell MY side of the story, but I am then stooping to her level, and I just believe it is so wrong.

OK, rant over, not sure I feel better though, but thanks for listening!